Family Collage

Family Collage
Lots of Love in this Bunch!
*The compositions herein are not to be copied, reproduced, printed, published, posted, displayed, incorporated, stored in or scanned into a retrieval system or database, transmitted, broadcast, bartered or sold, in whole or in part without the prior express written permissions of the sole author Tory Williams. Unauthorized duplication is strictly prohibited and is an infringement of National and International Copyright Laws.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Right Place, Right Time!

Brave. Strong. Compassionate. These are words that have been tossed my way over the last few years, but never once have I caught them and accepted them for me.  Instead, I applied these words to friends, or to family members, or co-workers.  Someone else deserved them, not me.  I felt totally undeserved!
 
But much has happened this week. Many laughs, many cries, many knees bent and eyes closed moments, many talks with those I trust and love dearly. This week, I do feel awfully brave. I have had more doors slammed in my face yet God has given me the strength to kick them down and sprint forward. And I know my heart is consumed with love and compassion for helping others. I wake each morning wondering how I can put smiles on my children's faces, or how I can take a load off of a co-worker's shoulders. This week I feel deserving of these words. 

The reason for my post today is because I see that God has placed me in the right place, at the right time, doing what He has planned for me to do all along.  I see that many years of tragedy and hardship have led to this moment of being able to help people in a mighty way. And I am honored to take on this responsibility.  With many supporters and my best friend Roman Reed, we are bolstering efforts for regenerative medicine research with the Alabama Institute of Medicine . Our AIM team is determined to change the scope of medicine by supporting cutting edge stem cell treatments in Alabama. 

 Click here for more information about AIM.
There are thousands of people praying to experience another lifetime moment with their family and loved ones. A teenage girl diagnosed with cancer wants to have more moments of belly laughter around a dinner table with friends. A grandfather wants to have more pitches thrown to his grandson before Parkinson's Disease takes the use of his body and mind. A young mother wants more smiles from her newborn baby diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). When I think of these precious faces, my fears, doubts, and pains are replaced by courage, faith, and peace. 
 
AIM is a reality and it will lead to cures for disease and injury!
 
So moving forward with AIM, life, children, etc..., I have to take a deep breath and remember my favorite excerpt from Matthew 6:
 
"That is why I am telling you not to worry about your life
And what you are to eat, nor about your body and what you are to wear. Surely life is more than food, and the body more than clothing! …Can any of you, however much you worry, add one single cubit to your span of life?
And why worry about clothing?
Think of the flowers growing in the fields; they never have to work or spin;
Yet I assure you that not even Solomon in all his royal robes was clothed like one of these.
Now if that is how God clothes the wild flowers growing in the field…
Will he not much more look after you, you who have so little faith?

So do not worry;
Do not say, “What are we to eat? What are we to drink? What are we to wear?”
Your heavenly Father knows you need them all.
Set your hearts on his kingdom first…
So do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own."


In closing, I want to say "Thank You!" for the kinds words and support over these last few years of uncertainty. So many of you have walked every step of this journey with me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for each and every one of you and for the prayers and words of encouragement sent my way.  Much love! ~ Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment