Family Collage

Family Collage
Lots of Love in this Bunch!
*The compositions herein are not to be copied, reproduced, printed, published, posted, displayed, incorporated, stored in or scanned into a retrieval system or database, transmitted, broadcast, bartered or sold, in whole or in part without the prior express written permissions of the sole author Tory Minus. Unauthorized duplication is strictly prohibited and is an infringement of National and International Copyright Laws.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pre-School Story Time...and Much, Much More!


Hi, everyone!

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry is what I've wanted to scream for the past several hours, but given that I've been down this road before, I've managed to choke back the tears in order to entertain YOU.

Okay, now let's begin.

Am I alone, or has anyone else suffered through this lovely day with grumpy children in tow? If not, please use your imagination or better yet, think back to one of those movies (Mommy Dearest, maybe?) where the mother runs around the house chasing her child with a wooden spoon (Don't even go there DHR, I didn't do this...I said for YOU - the reader - to imagine this, so it's your interpretation, not an actual account of my actions for the day). And to think, Mother's Day was just few days ago. Wow! Time flies, doesn't it?

In hopes you'll find amusement from this post (WARNING! You may want to empty your bladder before reading any further), I'm going to hash back a few hours to the moment when all of the excitement began.

7:45 A.M. Sweet, running-late husband dropped off kiddo #1 at school, leaving me home alone with our younger three.

8:10 A.M. - Me, opening children's bedroom doors: Good morning! I've got a surprise for you guys today.

Kiddo's #2,3,& 4 - Ugh! We don't want to go anywhere today. We want to stay home and play.

Me: (Thinking to myself - 20% chance of rain...too long to be couped up inside) Oh, this will be fun, I promise. It's Tuesday, you know, story time at the library.

Kiddos #2,3,&4 - Yeah! Can we spend the night?

Me: (Still shocked they went for it!) Um, NO! Now get up! We've got a lot to do to make it there on time.

***This is when everything went sour!
Kiddo #4 didn't want to brush her teeth (She actually refused to brush them, breaking our toilet paper holder in the process.) This was one of those moments when bribery worked! Not only did she pick out the movie for our ride to the library, she also got a big piece of bubble gum.

Meanwhile, Kiddo #2 & 3 (The Twins) fought over Nintendo games and argued who was going to sit next to kiddo #4 in her carseat. Eventually, Kiddo #2 gave up her Mario Brothers game in order to ride next to kiddo #4. Kiddo #3 smiled! He's one smart fellow.

10:05 A.M. - Darn it...five minutes late for Pre-School Story time! Thankfully, the library director (super cool, Jess Ross) met us at the door with a refreshing smile across her face and a hug for each of my kids. For the next thirty minutes, Kiddo #2,3, & 4 sat with Jess and made the prettiest Spring flowers.

11:15 A.M. - Kiddo #2,3, & 4 bashed each other over the heads with their pretty Spring flowers as I drove back home to Millry. Oh well, there goes hanging them in our kitchen window seal.

12:15 P.M. - Sweet, hardworking husband calls from work...he's spending the night in Gainsville! OMG!

12:30 P.M. - Quick, thrown together lunch(hot pockets, applesauce, goldfish crackers, and fruit roll-ups). Me: Envisioning the quietness of nap time and finishing chapter 2 of WIP (work in progress).

1:15 P.M. - Kiddo #2,3, & 4 are down for their afternoon nap.

Me: Thank God for toddler exhaustion.

In closing, those of you who know me best, know my kids are my world...so no phone calls to DHR, okay! Sometimes, my posts are meant for entertainment only, nothing more.

Have a great day, everyone! Tory

6 comments:

  1. Haha I won't be calling the DHR don't worry! I don't have children but I know how hectic they can be when my mom did daycare for 25 years!!! You are a brave and wonderful woman to be able to take all of that day in and day out! I don't like it when my kitties meow too much, but having several rascals running around now that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tory, how I can relate! Some days are just like that, from beginning to end! That's so funny.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Tis the life of a mother. I'm actually relieved to go to work some mornings when they just drive me completely batty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh!! I love it when we are able to peek through the windows of your house for just a little bit!! You are one truly amazing lady!! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tory, love your writing about everyday events in your family life. Your success as a writer is assured.I look forward to your post and it holds my attention without fail. You have a rare talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen - So glad you checked out my blog and thanks for not reporting me to DHR! LOL!!!

    Julie M. & Julie L. - I'm so glad I'm not alone in this department! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Lori & Jan - I appreciate your support on Head in the Clouds and love reading your comments. Lori, I promise, there is never a dull moment in our house. Well, maybe after 10:00 P.M., but only because the kiddos and Trae are asleep. Jan, you are too kind, and I'm glad you are finding my posts entertaining.

    ReplyDelete