Family Collage

Family Collage
Lots of Love in this Bunch!
*The compositions herein are not to be copied, reproduced, printed, published, posted, displayed, incorporated, stored in or scanned into a retrieval system or database, transmitted, broadcast, bartered or sold, in whole or in part without the prior express written permissions of the sole author Tory Minus. Unauthorized duplication is strictly prohibited and is an infringement of National and International Copyright Laws.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Daughter's A Blogger Now!













Thanks to Australian native, Charmaine Clancy (view her blog @ www.clancytales.blogspot.com) and her adorable children - Tilly and Milly, my oldest daughter is now a blogger.

Catie, age 9, was in complete awe of the Clancy sister's blog (view it @ www.paperdollsbooks.blogspot.com), that she has decided to follow suit of Tilly and Milly and create her own book review site.

I must admit, I immediately thought it would be another something for me to keep up with. But after seeing Catie's interest in Paperdolls (it could be worse, I thought to myself), I couldn't resist.

She's committed to doing her own research, posting often, and getting my approval before making any changes or adding new friends to Rainbow Reviews (thought the grandparents and overprotective family members would appreciate this).

So, to all of you reading this post, I encourage you to check out Catie's blog @ www.catie-rainbowreviews.blogspot.com.

She will be ecstatic to see that someone (other than her mom, of course) has taken interest in her book reviews.

Thanks, everyone, and have a wonderful Sunday! Tory

7 comments:

  1. A 9 year old book reviewer! I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I'm going straight to Catie's blog to check it out!
    The girls are very honoured that they've inspired Catie to blog and will be keen to follow.

    You'll be surprised at how great kids are at reviewing - mostly because they're so honest. I had to help with the first couple (because the girls thought they would just list everything that happened in the book) but after just a couple of reviews they have the hang of the format of book reviewing. It's a big job and I've suggested to my girls they might like their friends to sometimes 'guest blog' and review a book they've read, to keep regular posts.

    Congratulations on the new blog and I'll go and have a look right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already checked out Catie's Blog... who knows, she may follow in her mother's footsteps and be a writer!!
    Love you All!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - You made Catie's day by showing up on her blog. She loves you so much! Thanks a million!

    Charmaine - You inspired me to help Catie with her blog, and now that she's really "into" it, I'm so glad that I took the time. Now she wants to take a family vacation to Australia.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer - So glad you checked out Head in the Clouds! It's definitely a work in progress but so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is GREAT! I love hearing that 9 year olds are so excited about books that they want to research and create their own blog dedicated to book reviewing. I am sure my 8 year old will want to see it tonight, he is quite the avid reader and will love the idea I am sure:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That rocks! So glad to see Catie getting into writing. She obviously has a genetic predisposition to writing!

    ReplyDelete