Family Collage

Family Collage
Lots of Love in this Bunch!
*The compositions herein are not to be copied, reproduced, printed, published, posted, displayed, incorporated, stored in or scanned into a retrieval system or database, transmitted, broadcast, bartered or sold, in whole or in part without the prior express written permissions of the sole author Tory Minus. Unauthorized duplication is strictly prohibited and is an infringement of National and International Copyright Laws.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wonderful Secret Agent has a BLOG!


I'm ashamed to admit that I'm officially a stalker of Wonderful Secret Agent's blog in hopes that she will update today with something I can squeal about.

Let me explain. Last week, after e-submitting my manuscript to a fabulous agent in New York City, I stumbled across her blog and have since become obsessed.

She is a very reputable literary agent, and I would be knocked off my feet with enthusiasm if she were to connect with my YA novel.

It's funny because I'm not alone on the stalking issue. My mom, husband, and oldest daughter are also obsessed with checking out her blog for updates.

Given that Wonderful Secret Agent usually posts the number of manuscripts she has requested in a day, I know that mine was one of eight from a pile of 63 query letters (OMG!).

I wish you could hear my mom and I analyzing each of her posts. We have disected each phrase in hopes of finding something promising (maybe even a secret code or hidden message saying, "Yes, Tory, I want to represent you!").

She hasn't updated in a few days, so needless to say, I'm anxiously awaiting her next post.

So, to all my writing buddies out there, I'd love to know if any of you have ever stalked the Internet for information regarding the agents you've queried. Thoughts, please!

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone! Tory

9 comments:

  1. Following you now, too! I bet she will like it. Query letters are such funny things. I like how Nelson puts it on her blog that it needs to be a pitch (almost like a movie). Reading the ones she accepted helped me to form my own. And oh--now I have to unfollow you (is that a word???)--you are gorgeous! So jealous. Am now off to spa to look even as good as you. My hubby will write his thanks shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee!!! Alleged Author, as of NOW you are officially my favorite follower (LOL)! I wish you could see the gray hairs and wrinkles that have crept across my face (and lets not even mention the spider veins and stretch marks). But who cares! I am one happy wife, mother, writer, and blogger, and that's what really matters, right?

    Seriously, thanks for coming on board, and please don't unfollow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. I twitter stalk. Lots of agents tweet about queries or manuscripts they're reading, so I keep an eye out for any sign they might be talking about mine. ;)

    You have a beautiful family! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I should probably start stalking too. Since I am new to writing this years goal is to submit often. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Oh yes. Unfortunately the agent I REALLY REALLy want has virtually no online presence. WHICH, I'm ok with as perhaps others will be less likely to stalkey stalk, but it makes it difficult to know what's going on. *sigh

    Just have to wait, I guess.

    Congrats on your request, my dear. That's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would absolutely do the same thing if I were you! I blog stalk for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee-hee! I know who you are stalking:-) We have the same stalk list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, girls! Now I don't feel like a creepy, Fatal Attraction-type query woman. The weeks of submitting are so nerve wracking. I guess if we can surpass the dejection from rejection, then we are truly cut out for this industry after all. Let's just say that my writer's skin is definitely growing thick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tory. Thanks for visiting my blog and saying hi. Now I'm stalking - whoops - following you. lol.
    I have to admit I do visit the odd agent blog (or three, four...) Least you know you're not alone in doing it:)

    ReplyDelete