Family Collage

Family Collage
Lots of Love in this Bunch!
*The compositions herein are not to be copied, reproduced, printed, published, posted, displayed, incorporated, stored in or scanned into a retrieval system or database, transmitted, broadcast, bartered or sold, in whole or in part without the prior express written permissions of the sole author Tory Minus. Unauthorized duplication is strictly prohibited and is an infringement of National and International Copyright Laws.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Break 2010



There is so much to share about our Spring Break Vacation, so let me just jump on in and explain what the past few days have been like for our family!

Monday evening: first, imagine me slinging five overstuffed suitcases in the back of our suburban while crossing my fingers that the grocery bags at the bottom of the pile have not been crushed completely (Yep, I am the last person in the world you ever want packing your vehicle for a road trip!). From the sound of two Pringles cans popping, I quickly realize the snack bags have flattened like buttermilk pancakes on a warm-iron-griddle. I cringe, but unfortunately there is no time for a sit down and cry.

The kids are strapped tightly in their seatbelts, so I dash inside our home for a last minute view of my inbox before heading north for a weeklong trip with Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, and Happy.

Argh! My Yahoo mailbox is empty, but I convince myself that every agent I've submitted to is up to her eyeballs with Monday morning query letters.

Meanwhile, Trae (a.k.a. the hardworking and underappreciated husband) is on the other end of the phone, half-way listening to my rants and rages about being the biggest pushover mom in the state of Alabama. He silently agrees, then wishes me well on my two-hour journey.

Before I pull the rear hatch on our vehicle, the 18" T.V. I've packed (a necessity when going off with our motley crew) tumbles from the mound of suitcases and hits the garage floor like a ton of bricks. Thank God I'm a pro at biting my tongue, because the words that came to mind were definitely not appropriate for the little ears in the backseat!

After a quick count to ten, I lean my head on the driver-side door and glance inside to see Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, and Happy with their eyes glued to the 8" x 8" television screen in our vehicle.

My kiddos were completely oblivious to what I was enduring for their happiness (I think God gives us these moments to make us appreciate our own mothers even more) so I climb in the vehicle, strap myself in and allow my thoughts to drift to something pleasant: the book and a new WIP (Work In Progress) that's been brewing inside my head for the past few weeks.

And in that moment, all my troubles disappeared.

For the most part, the drive to Hill's Ranch was relaxing, and with the help of our energetic and enthusiastic Sumter County relatives, the next few days were nothing but sheer delight for our family. Trae and I were even lucky enough to attend a dinner date with one of our favorite Livingston couples.

Spring Break 2010 was definitely an event our family will talk about for many months to come. Hope you had a great one, too! Tory

10 comments:

  1. Most importantly, you have a gorgeous family! I should have said that first of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tory! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad that I've found yours. Good luck on the queries. It's great to find friends to share this crazy journey. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Roxy! This is such a stretch for me, but I have come to the realization that writing is what I was meant to do. I wish us both the best of luck and look forward to following your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now a follower and can't wait to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I only have two kids (now ages 11 & 9), I've been where you were with the car trip. And I understand completely when you said that your thoughts drifted to your WIP and everything was right. I think that's why we love writing - it's the ultimate escape and all of our own making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good Spring Break. It's great to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Tory! It's great to meet you! Thanks for coming by Write in the Way! I look forward to getting to know you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed looking over your blog. I found your profile on another blog I follow and I added myself to follow you. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to.
    God Bless You, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tory,
    Great blog and thanks for checking out mine today. This post about spring break had me laughing because it reminds me so much of our house and the constant chaos every time the structure of school is gone:-) Good luck with your querying - you have a wonderful website!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberly, Wendy, Jackee, Kristen, Ron, and Lindsay, I am so glad you stopped by my blog and found the post about Spring Break entertaining. Let me assure you there is plenty more to come!

    I have enjoyed following each of your blogs and look forward to learning more about the writing industry through your helpful and informative posts.

    ReplyDelete