Family Collage

Family Collage
Lots of Love in this Bunch!
*The compositions herein are not to be copied, reproduced, printed, published, posted, displayed, incorporated, stored in or scanned into a retrieval system or database, transmitted, broadcast, bartered or sold, in whole or in part without the prior express written permissions of the sole author Tory Minus. Unauthorized duplication is strictly prohibited and is an infringement of National and International Copyright Laws.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Query Update!

So, since I've come out of the closet about writing a young adult novel (I still smile when I think about Uncle Baxter's reaction!), I've had several of my closest family and friends subtly ask how the query process is going. I'm so grateful they are interested in my progress, but I must admit, it's like sitting in the chair at the dentist office! Ugh!!!

However, when I look at the big picture and factor in the many prayers that are being lifted up for a successful outcome, I relax and answer honestly.

Therefore, for tonight's post, here are the numbers:

Total Equeries Sent - 15 (four of these I emailed last night and today, but if I had stumbled upon the literary agent sooner, I would have queried them at the beginning). It's amazing how many talented and devoted agents are out there waiting to find the golden nugget buried at the bottom of the unsolicited pile (And yes it's tempting to send the query letter along with a box of chocolates or a dozen red roses, but I chose to let my writing do the talking and not rely on the gimmicks to help me stand-out!).

Total Rejections Thus Far - 3 (There is no doubt about it, each rejection stings like a bee, but the best advice I've been given is to let the rejections roll off my back and focus on the next agent).

Partial Requests - 1 (And this is exciting in itself because I know my query letter is half-way decent, and that I've sparked someone's interest enough to make them ask for more).

How many queries do I plan to send out? Well, until I have an agent ask for representation I'll keep researching and sending out query letters. Sounds practical, right?

In the meantime, I assure you I will burn away the midnight oil to entertain and enlighten you to the best of my ability in regards to the publishing industry. If anything else...it should make you appreciate your day-job! Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday! Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment